Assemble please the following:
- a good handful of spinach
- 1/2 an avocado
- bread (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 big mushrooms
- nutmeg, salt and pepper
- vegan margarine, I use Nuttelex the closest I can get to pure Olive Oil, as I have ‘issues’ with margarine
- Olive oil
1. Peel your mushrooms, chop into whatever shapes you like, start to cook with a mixture of Nuttelex and oil
2. Wash and cut your tomato in half, place cut sides down in a frying pan
3. Wash your spinach, get your avocado onto your plate (when I learn how to be decorous with one of these things…)
4. Put your bread into toast, if it’s gluten free, you’ll probably need two sessions in the toaster to brown it
5. Check your tomato, when it lifts off the pan easily, turn it over, it should be browny-black on top. However, you don’t want to fiddle with it too much, lest it falls apart on you.
6. Spread your manufactured goo (told you I had issues with margarine) onto your toast, top with marmite
7. Add your spinach to your frying pan, shake on some nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir until wilted
8. Place spinach on toast, mushrooms on spinach, tomatoes on the side, eat in sheer bliss.
Poached egg (although this would downgrade the breakfast to vegetarian) cashew nuts (yummy with avocado), smidge of mayonaise on avocado and/or nuts
This is so lovely, I now eat it most days instead of just at weekends. It fills me up till early afternoon, I eat less at lunchtime and then less again in the evening. When I go out for breakfast with long suffering Hubs, I order this as eggs florentine, with the tomato, mushrooms and avocado as extras, revelling in the Hollandaise Sauce. Bon appetit!