Carole hasn’t blogged this week, so I thought I’d do my own Ten On Tuesday, (except it’s Thursday).
Here are the 10 things I wish I’d known earlier:
- That I was not fat, that I was not ugly, that I did not look like a boy.
- That having my nose stuck in a book would stand me in far better stead than going out with my friends ever would do.
- To take better care of my back.
- That when true love comes along, you cannot mistake it; love should make you feel safe, not insecure.
- When something doesn’t feel right, it isn’t right. Listen to your gut, it tells you things for a reason.
- Be who you are.
- The child you will have will teach you greater patience than you thought possible. He will also light up your life in a way only his father had done before him.
- The friends that love you, love you unconditionally, you won’t need to change to please them, they won’t need to change to please you. You will pick up with them where you left off, no matter where you meet up with them.
- Lie about what you earn when you go for a new job.
- Apply for an Australian Visa.